Events & Festivities
There are numerous reasons why reducing waste at events can have significant environmental, social and economic benefits including:
- Diverting waste from landfills
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Promoting sustainable behavior through leading by example
- Increasing public awareness and engagement with waste reduction
- Supports local businesses and social enterprises
- Lower event costs through reducing use of single use items, waste disposal fees
- Zero Waste Events - Run by the Auckland City Council and Eco Matters. Provides information and guidelines for outdoor events and activities.
- 10 Tips for throwing a large zero waste event
Zero Waste Festivities
We understand how hard it is to celebrate events while still being kind to the environment. So often decorations, gifts and party supplies are plastic and/or disposable. Here are a few resources to help you provide your family and friends with a wholesome and loving celebration with no rubbish at the end!